Friday, August 6, 2010

Letters!

So after Hillsong Conference I was looking on the A21 website and saw that we could write letters to girls in the A21 shelter.



Immediately my brain started processing thoughts and ideas - how we could write letters, when we could write them, should we decorate the letters, what would they say etc.

So on Wednesday night (4th of August), most of the girls in the boarding house got together and we each wrote a letter to a girl who has been rescued from Human Trafficking.


It was brilliant and all the girls got really into it. Nearly all of them wanted their letters to be perfect so they drafted them before they wrote them out properly. We stuck stickers all over the letters and drew pictures up the sides.


It was so much fun and I was so proud of all the girls.


In the end we had something like 30 letters – a couple of girls were away due to sickness etc, and I’m going to be posting the letters to Greece over the weekend.


I couldn’t stop thinking about what it would be like to receive a letter like the ones we wrote. To have been so badly abused and beaten – and then receive a letter telling you that you’re beautiful and that people on the other side of the world who don’t even know your name care about you and want you to know that they’re thinking of you!


Could you imagine it?


I’m still waiting on news from the Principle as to whether the staff will pass our fundraising proposal – I should be finding out on Tuesday!


Here are some pictures of the girls writing their letters.


Enjoy.

 

Love EmmieRed xox





These girls are amazing!

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you Em! xx Hope you like your new look!! - Nad... i fixed up the logo with the new words (and replaced the image in the post to match). See you Tues. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! you really are a beautiful person! And a very brave one! it takes a lot of courage to DO something about the things we know are incorrect, rather than just talk about the fact that "somebody should do something". You will be in my prayers. Blessings from México! Dios te bendiga!

    PS I have a blog of my own, have you consider to develope a banner? I will be delighted to include it with a link to your blog, I want to help to spread the word about your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmie-I admire your determination and your ability to lead others. May God continue to bless you and the mission He has set before you.

    ReplyDelete