Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Beginning

So after a hectic week at Hillsong Conference 2010, where I attended the Church and Global Issues elective,
I came out feeling motivated and convicted to do something!
I went home and wasted the rest of my holidays on facebook (as you do when you're a teenager), and talked to my friends endlessly about the slave trade and human trafficking.
From our late night converstaions on facebook we decided that it was time to get out there and start raising awareness and doing something about this injustice!
We had more ideas than we knew what to do with (well I did),
but we stuck to three basics
  • writing letters to girls who have been rescued and are taking shelter with A21
  • sending a gift box over to rescued girls, filled with goodies and toiletries
  • organising a fundraising event to raise awareness of Human Trafficking
So I caught my flight back to boarding school, loaded with statistics, information and a 30page folder which I assembled myself, which had all the information I could find in it...
My friends and I were ready to put our ideas forward to the school!

No comments:

Post a Comment